Thursday, April 1, 2010

The miller gang

Cologne --
As sharks striker Marcel Muller (21) Grinning in the VIP room stalked, slapped him from many fans and friends.
With two goals and an assist, he was the hero in the victory against Eintracht Frankfurt in front of record crowd of almost 15,000 fans.
But Muller was only his most loyal fans, his entire family. Michael Papa, Mama Urte, brothers Leroy and sister Tanya had traveled over the holidays from Berlin. Tuesday is almost back together again in the capital.
Marcel plays Wednesday with the sharks at the league leaders, the Miiller-entourage will again cheer in the stands. Mama Urte: "We are so proud of our Marcel." The little brother always wears, even the great jersey from Marcel.
"He himself plays F.A.S.S. Berlin ice hockey. At his age I was not so good. He has talent. And I'm hopefully a model for him, "said Marcel, who was born in Berlin, and between 2005 and 2007 played for the polar bear.
But now he is full of sharks: "Berlin is a club like any other for me, because I do not hang off as much as in the sharks. Here I have one more year contract and then there is perhaps something in North America. But I can also imagine, still playing for a long time in Cologne. Let's see what is better for my career. "
In the last five games he has six goals. Coach Stewart writes of him: "He played very strong, has self-confidence." However, with its 21 years, he has to learn too much. Outside the ice rinks, though he had long lived alone. Marcel laughs: "I'm very independent, most of the friends I have, also, who live all alone. I do not find that I am at 21 am already far ahead of all others. "
Now when he travels to Berlin, swings with a little sadness: "This is finally my home, but I live in Cologne also very happy. That is why I absolutely want to bring three points. We have a course that can brush Berlin, as I'm sure. "